The Multi Academy Trust (MAT) Board of Yavneh College Academy Trust is currently considering revisions to the admission arrangements for entry into Yavneh Primary School (the School) in September 2022. As determined by the School Admissions Code and The School Admissions (Admission Arrangements and Co-ordination of Admission Arrangements) (England) Regulations 2012 we are required to consult with you.
Changes to Certificate of Religious Practice
The main changes to our admissions arrangements are to the Certificate of Religious Practice (CRP) form, which is used to demonstrate eligibility for a priority faith place in the School. The changes being proposed are:
- To return to accepting verified synagogue attendance as a way to gain CRP points, which was not possible for admissions cycle 2021/22 while synagogues were closed during lockdown.
- To remove the exemption that applied in admissions cycle 2021/22 to the sibling of an older applicant to the School who had previously demonstrated faith eligibility, (i.e. who completed a CRP form for the School to which the sibling / current applicant is applying), which meant that they were not required to accrue CRP points. Siblings will return to the previously established position of needing to complete a CRP form themselves (should they need to).
- To extend the window during which CRP points can be obtained.
- To provide a number of options of dates for participation in the online CRP course.
- To require siblings of pupils attending the School at the deadline for application and who are applying for a faith-based place in the School to have a minimum of four points on the School’s CRP so as to be considered as a priority applicant under the sibling over-subscription criterion.
The Trustees are proposing this change as a large group of schools under the religious authority of the Office of the Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth have agreed to amend their CRP to reflect a change in the Coronavirus (Covid19) Regulations, thereby requiring all children applying to attend a school in this group under the Chief Rabbi’s religious authority to have a minimum of four points on their school’s CRP, where a CRP is required. The consultation to amend the School’s CRP is being coordinated by the Office of the Chief Rabbi on behalf of this group of schools that come under his religious authority.
Children of Staff
The second proposed change is that children of members of staff means a staff member who, at the time of application, has a permanent contract of employment with Yavneh Primary School and i) has been employed at the School for two or more years or ii) has been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage, and in both cases i) and ii) will be working at Yavneh Primary School in September 2022.
The Trustees are proposing this change to bring the Yavneh Primary School and Yavneh College rules in line with each other. This was not possible until now.
If you have any comments on the proposed changes to our admission arrangements, please write to Mrs Fiona Graham at the following email address email@example.com before the end date of the consultation, which is 25 January 2021.
No other changes to the admissions arrangements are proposed. Comments are not sought on any part of the School’s admission arrangements where changes are not proposed. Any comments made on other parts of the School’s admission arrangements will not be taken into account in the consultation.
06 December 2020