Primary PE and Sports Premium 2018-2019
At Yavneh Primary School we believe that high quality PE and sport provision are an essential part of our children’s education. P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of the children in our school. We believe that P.E. and school sports contribute to the holistic development of our children. Through participation, our children are not only getting fitter and learning about the health benefits of sports but are developing stamina, strength, learning to be resilient, being kind and fair as well as learning to co-operate, being respectful and working as a team.
What is PE Sport Funding?
The Government provides additional funding for physical education (PE) and sport in schools.
This funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision resulting in increased numbers of pupils developing healthy life styles, raising their performance levels and engaging in PE and sport.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding has enable us to extend our provision enabling our children to participate in high quality sports activities, both as part of the curriculum as well as through extra – curricular opportunities.
In 2018 / 2019 Yavneh Primary School will receive £18,400.
Objectives for Spending of PPSG 2018- 2019
|Objectives of spending of PPSG:
- To develop a love of sport and physical activity.
- To strengthen core stability through exercise and improve gross and fine motor skills.
- To broaden the sporting opportunities and experiences available to pupils.
- To support the well-being of pupils.
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and Sport being high across the school
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills, of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Strong core stability leads to children having better stamina and improved fine and gross motor skills.
|To Increase opportunities for breadth of sports within school. To facilitate high quality sporting opportunities in PE and sport as the school expands (2018-2019) and moves into new building.
||Design & Install Play Innovation equipment on sports court to support opportunities for physical and mental activity, http://www.playinnovation.co.uk
- Pupils enjoy PE and have a growth mind set towards the challenges set when completing and learning sports.
- Children experience a broader range of sports
- School able to host inter school tournaments adding a competitive element to sports at the school.
|To develop core stability and strength to ensure all pupils have skills that can transfer to their daily lives and to meet or exceed in the area of moving and handling in EYFS and beyond.
- Purchase more equipment to support pupils to strengthen their core stability, gross and fine motor skills
- Daily boot camp
- Daily K
- Increased PD scores for EYFS
- Improved % of children meeting ARE in PE by end of KS1
Body strengthening equipment £500
|Increased opportunities to be involved in extended competitive sporting opportunities through the sports partnership.
- Register for Maccabi fun run and tournaments
- Provide opportunities for pupils across the school to represent YPS in festivals and sporting events.
- An increase in participation in sports.
- Children experience a broader range of sport.
|Coach to festival – £500
Entry to Maccabi Fun Run + tournaments – £450
|To broaden the sporting opportunities and experiences available to pupils. To develop a love of sport and physical activity.
- To provide all pupils with high quality PE lessons.
- Specialist coach to deliver the lessons supported by teachers.
- Teacher to deliver the lessons, supported by coaches.
- To foster a love of sport and physical activity.
- Staff have increased confidence, knowledge and skills in teaching PE.
- Staff feel confident to lead lessons and run lunchtime clubs.
- All pupils are encouraged to take part in daily active playtimes and lunchtimes promoting healthy active lifestyles.
- Happy, healthy children who know about how to live a healthy life style.
- High quality PE resources.
Sports resources to enable classes to run PE stay and plays and enjoy sports as part of their daily curriculum and at playtimes